PDA

Archiv verlassen und diese Seite im Standarddesign anzeigen : GPS MAUS 9810 with serial DB9 pin connector - TMC on iGO8

sullivan2002
28.01.2009, 17:27
Hi my friend. My name is Sullivan. I bought via ebay an 9810 GPS MAUS and I have a serial connector. How can I connect pin of 9810 1-2-3-4 to my serial DB9 pin connector in order to use it via iGO 8 or Navigon or other Navigation software.

How Can I use the code with my XP Computer and iGO 8 or NCK 5 Navigon software

// free code for reading gns9810 gps mouse attached to COM1 port done by robocat
// compiler: bcc32, platform: xp

Please help me. Thanks again for any possible answer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hallo mein Freund. Mein Name ist Sullivan. Ich kaufte über ebay 9810 GPS MAUS, und ich habe einen Serienstecker. Wie ich kann, Nadel 9810 1-2-3-4 zu meinem DB9 Seriennadel-Stecker verbinden, um es über iGO 8 oder Navigon oder andere Navigationssoftware zu verwenden.

Wie ich Kann, den Code mit meinem XP Computer und iGO 8 oder NCK 5 Navigon Software verwenden

// Code befreien, um gns9810 gps Maus beigefügt dem durch robocat getanen COM1-Hafen zu lesen
// Bearbeiter: bcc32, Plattform: xp

Helfen Sie mir bitte. Noch einmal vielen Dank für jede mögliche Antwort.

Sullivan2002
sullivan2002@libero.it :-s

robocat
28.01.2009, 20:13
hi,
everything i know about the gns9810 i already explained in the thread https://www.roboternetz.de/phpBB2/zeigebeitrag.php?t=32523 and in my PM to you:

hi sullivan,
sorry to tell you that i don´t remember very much of the GNS9810 project. my suggestions are:

use true rs232 (no usb) for the first tests. maybe it will work with usb-rs232 adapter as well, but i can´t tell you for sure.

the mouse needs a power supply of 5V which the rs232 can´t provide. you will need a 5V power supply or something.

i guess that the pin connections here are right (but i´m not sure, i never used the plug-contact. maybe you should open the device and check with a multimeter, if the colors of the cables matches the description.):

http://www.kkoeniger.at/stecker/TMC-RJ11.jpg

send the few bytes. if the mouse doesn´t answer, maybe you mixed up the pins (white and black cable).

i´m sorry i can´t help any further.

kind regards, die katze

if it still doesn´t work, use the thread to ask your questions. then a lot more people can participate and share knowledge.

i don´t know if and how the mouse will work with your navigation software, because i never used any.

however it should be possible with the given information to connect the gns9810 to the com port of your pc and exchange data. just send it the bytes 13,10 a few times and the mouse will begin to answer NMEA data.

to compile the code, you will need a c-compiler like dev-c++ or borland freeware compiler bcc32. there are tutorials how to set up these compilers. BUT the code will only output NMEA data in a console window, it will not cooperate with vour navigation software.

my suggestion is to hook up the mouse with your com-port and use a freeware terminal program to make it send data. once this is done, you can try to configure your navigation software to use the data. if you experience problems with one of these steps, you can of course post them in this thread. but up to now, your questions are to general for a specific answer.

kind regards, robocat

sullivan2002
29.01.2009, 08:35
Sorry, I haven't seen your last answer here on the messages.
Thank you also for your help. Yesterday I tried to connect to a serial plug DB9 at pin 2 and 3 and 5 (Gnd) and the +5v to the Keyboard PS/2 Cable in order to have +5v power to my GNS 9810 TMC device. And I downloaded Hterm. I configured to com1 38400 (only, cause other speed do not work) and I saw data come in to Hterm. I put also GPSviewer and other program and I see that works. Maybe I have to use a divide software just like GPSGATE in order to separate RDS Data and GPS Data. I have to do some test. I didn't understand software compiled in what can help me. I want to use this device GNS 9810 with my iGO 8 or NCK 5 Navigon software. I hope will work.

Thanks again.

Sullivan2002